Questions? We Have Answers
We’ve compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions. If you have any additional questions, please send an email to Admin@CreativeVeins.com so we can help!
Classes & Services
What does your studio offer?
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com or give us a call! We’re delighted to help!
Open 7 days a week, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily!
1800 Atlantic Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32207
904-323-2471 (call or text anytime)
Open 7 days a week, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily!
3279 Memorial Drive
Decatur, GA 30032
(678) 310-5281 (call or text anytime)
Studio Tours & Audits
Can I take a tour and/or audit a class?
Right now, we’re limiting the number of outside guests. We offer tours once a month and scheduled class audits in some cases, but no walk-in visitors at this time. Please email us to set this up. If you are interested in taking a class or booking a service with us, we strongly encourage you to check out our reviews, testimonials, photos, and videos and reach out to us if you have any questions!
Take a Virtual Tour: Click Here
Feel free to email us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com or give us a call at Jacksonville: 904-323-2471 or Atlanta: anytime!
What’s the average class size?
Our classes have always been kept smaller in size for more individualized attention and provide a more personalized curriculum to ensure each student’s success! Typically, a class has a maximum of 12 students. Because of the limited number of seats, we book up very quickly. Please understand, that once a class is full and marked as SOLD OUT, we cannot add any additional students to it. You can request to be added to the wait list via email at Admin@CreativeVeins.com or please feel free to register for the next session immediately to guarantee your spot.
Please email us with any additional questions at: Admin@CreativeVeins.com
Make Up Days
Can I make up a missed class?
If you miss a class during a 4-week session, you may make it up at any time. Makeup classes never expire. We just ask that you let your instructor know you’ll be absent so they can catch you up before the next class and help arrange your makeup day. Our 1-Day Workshops may be made up only if you let us know ahead of time of your inability to attend.
Payments, Refunds & Account
I’m having trouble with my payment going through; can you help me?
If you have an issue with payment going through or you have a question about tuition, payment plans, or anything related to tuition costs, please email us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com so we can help!
Do you offer refunds or class credit?
- If the session or workshop hasn’t started yet and you notify us of your inability to attend, we are happy to move you into a new session or workshop or reimburse you for the full amount paid
- If the session has already started and you notify us of your inability to complete it before it ends, we are happy to move you into a new session or reimburse you for the unattended classes/hours
- If the session or workshop has already ended and you did not notify us of your inability to attend all of the classes/hours, we are happy to move you into a new session (refunds are not provided to “no call/no shows/walk-outs”)
Do you offer payment plans?
Yes, our website uses PayPal and Stripe as a payment processor, so you are welcome to take advantage of the “Pay Over Time” option offered through them. You may also reach out to us directly to arrange payments at Admin@CreativeVeins.com
Headshots & Agents
Who do you recommend for headshots?
- In Jacksonville, we recommend professional acting headshot photographers Agnes Lopez of Pose Well Studios and Dwight Smalls of Dwight Smalls Photography.
- In Orlando, we recommend professional acting headshot photographer, Kristia Knowles of Kristia Knowles Photography.
- In Atlanta, we recommend professional acting headshot photographer Robbie Glen of Robbie Glen Photography.
If you let the photographer know you are an acting student with Creative Veins Performing Arts Studio, they will understand what type of headshots you need. Professional headshot photography is a collaborative process so please ask questions, and make sure you understand the process, and what’s expected of you to make your shoot a successful one!
All photographers listed above are licensed, and insured, and offer competitive headshot packages with the option to add a hair/makeup artist on your scheduled shoot date.
Can you help me get an agent?
If you are a current or past upper-level acting student who is highly skilled with demonstrable abilities in the emotional work and the prep & performance work of an actor, we are happy to assist you with the process of finding an agent. Understand that we cannot “get you an agent”; you will be the one to determine if you’re signed with an agency. However, we can help make sure you are thoroughly prepared and have everything required for the agency interview, so your chances of being signed are very likely. Please note, that we will not help facilitate wasting an agent’s time, so you need to be realistic about your abilities up front. Actors should only request to be interviewed by a potential agent when they have:
- substantial training under their belt
- demonstrable skill and ability
- advanced/mastery of their emotional work
- advanced/mastery of their prep and performance work
- professional headshots
- a professional acting resume
- a professional demo reel with speaking parts from booked productions
Asking an agent to consider you when you don’t have these things would be unprofessional and a misuse of their time and yours. If you have the above-referenced skills and items, we’re happy to help in the following ways:
- evaluate your readiness to submit to an agent
- help you find one that is reputable
- review of your headshots
- review of your resume
- review of your demo reel
- offer feedback so you can adjust before the interview
- provide you with our list of the most frequently asked questions during an agency interview so you’re prepared to answer
Please email us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com if you have any additional questions!
Previous Experience & More
I have previous experience. Can I skip ahead?
If you’re training at Jacksonville and have previous training and demonstrable experience, please email us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com to set up an interview and audition. If you have no formal training and experience, we do not recommend skipping the lower-level classes. Our intermediate and advanced classes are structured with the understanding that all students already have a solid foundation in their chosen craft. Skipping ahead without previous training and demonstrable experience means you will not be able to participate in the exercises or understand the concepts being introduced. Our intermediate and advanced sessions are for building upon what has already been taught. It does not matter if you have never taken a class before; you have to start somewhere, right? Our lower-level classes are straightforward and informative, and offer a practical approach for those with little to no experience.
If you’re in Atlanta all of our classes are blended technique and blended skill level. We believe it facilitates faster growth and a stronger community having more experienced students mentor and since our training approach is see one, do one, teach one, this gives them an opportunity to “teach one”.
Can I take more than 1 class at once?
In most cases, yes. The exception to this would be trying to take a level 1 acting class at the same time as a level 2 acting class. You’ll need to graduate from the level 1 acting class before moving into an upper-level class. If you are enrolled in one of our membership programs you can mix and match as much as you’d like.